Monday, February 20, 2012

Looks like I've started a blog

I have a confession to make. I know nothing about technology. It usually takes a handful of friends dragging me kicking and screaming into the current decade before I even consider using a new type of technology. I'll never forget the first time I got a cell phone - after years of trying to convince me I "needed" one, a friend send me $200 in an envelope with a cutout newspaper picture of a cell phone. That was about 12 years ago, & I haven't changed much since then. Suffice it to say, people have been telling me to start a blog for at least 2 years. The only problem is, I don't really understand blogs. I have no idea if anyone would want to read one of mine or what I would really talk about. But here I am starting one, finally. (And I have to admit it took me about 3 hours just to figure out *how* to set this thing up)

Apparently, some people enjoy reading what I have to say. I'm a little hesitant to post my thoughts out there for everyone to see - I like the perceived privacy of my Facebook notes. I guess I'll start by posting a few of those over the next few days that were good discussion starters, & maybe over time I'll be my usual outspoken, unreserved self. 

At 12:30am as I venture out into a new branch of social media, let's just say I'm feeling mildly trepidatious about this whole idea. 

Here goes....something!

I should probably include some sort of warning in this first post: in order for me to actually take time out of my day to sit & write about something, I have to feel pretty passionately about the topic at hand. Sometimes people disagree with me & that's just fine. More often than not, people say I make them stop to think about the world a little differently, which is quite a compliment if you ask me. I'm well-educated, well-traveled, & I become easily upset at the myriad injustices in the world today. Most of my posts will probably be related to some aspect of society or the world at large that I wish to change. If you think that type of thing might interest you....then follow along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment